About Me

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Sunday, November 23, 2008

I am ALIVE!

Emma's Hair is getting SO LONG!


So, the last week and a half have been the equivalent to a hurricane for my family and I. The Ranch had some hunters come up for deer season, and I was volunteered by Jeremy to cook their meals for them. Amidst the chaos I somehow managed to cook three meals for 5-8 hungry Alabamans, but also feed my own family and did the dishes twice! Amazing... I think so! I was able to meet some very nice and very southern gentlemen - most of which were very successful lawyers. Needless to say, what I charged them was nothing compared to what they tipped me. Christmas here we come! They have all asked that I cook for them the next time they come up. Some of which are coming as soon as they can! I didn't think my cooking was that great?!
The week before we had another mishap with Libby - our kitty. She went missing. Our neighbor that lives 3 miles N, 2 miles E and 1 mile N, brought us over a new kitten since he was so sad that he couldn't find Haydn's kitten for her. Amazingly though, he did find Libby the next day in his shop - she is now down to 4 lives! So we have a new kitty. We named her Addy, after the last name of our neighbor, the Addison's. Libby wasn't sure about the new addition. She had the jealous toddler syndrome for awhile. She wanted all of our attention and the new kitty was not to come near us! But all is well and they are best friends now. Weldon, however, just can't leave Addy alone. She is just the right size for him! Here are some pictures of Addy and Libby.

1 comment:

M&EMS said...

From what I can remember, you were a pro with Ramen noodles! I'm sure the hunters were starving and would eat anything. ;) LOL. You are a ranchers wife, of course you can cook! You make me miss the country life.

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany