About Me

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Election History

So, I have noticed that a lot of different people are posting their views and opinions on the election and the history in the making. So I thought since this really is a journal for my family, I should add a bit about the election. Although many people are scared of the coming years under the leadership of Barack Obama, I must say that I am not "scared". Evil will come and evil will go. But I know of one constant that will keep my family and myself safe. That is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. There are people all over the world that live under tyrants and dictators, they are facing fear and trials that we in America will not ever know (hopefully)...but we are blessed to know the truthfullness of Jesus Christ and his gospel. Obama may make it so that evils like abortion and gay marriage are prevelant, but we all know that just because the President says its ok, doesn't make it so. The second coming will come and the world will continue to fall into more and more wickedness before that can happen. So why is anyone so surprised and shocked? I for one am not.

2 comments:

M&EMS said...

Your post made me think of a comment that our temple president just told us a few weeks ago. He said that the world is evil enough for the 2nd coming, but the righteous isn't righteous enough yet. Guess we better get to work, huh.

sharmysteele said...

Well stated. I love your spunk and tenacity. Californiacoxs is right too. This world makes it harder for us to stay righteous with all the evil around us. I guess we better step it up a notch--or do what Jed wants to do and that is to have our own little ranch in the middle of nowhere with no electricity. Sound familiar, Mandi? I thought so!! LOL

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany