About Me

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

And so it begins...

When we bought this house, we knew it came "as-is". So with our tax return, we decided that the most beneficial thing was to have the basement repaired. Today was the first day with the guys on the job! Here are some pictures of what they are doing so far...

Inserting 6 wall anchors on the east side of the house...

What the anchors look like in the ground, they are about 3 feet down

What the anchors look like inside - they are connected to the large plates outside with a huge bolt about 8-13 feet long from the house to the plate.

The beginning of the excavation of the west wall. That wall is the worst and needs to be actually straightened first!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany