About Me

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Friday, May 29, 2009

Brandings...


Howdy all! I thought that with the summer coming soon, I should catch up a little on the happenings around here! This last month was branding season in Nebraska. We attended two brandings, one for the Masco's (our branch president) and one here at work. Brandings are a lot of fun and lot of work... so here are some pics of our fun times!

The sister's came to help out - they were in charge of cooking on the cowboy grill - Yummy!


Jeremy is always on branding duty... maybe next year he will get to do what I got to do at our ranch's branding...

ROPE! Jim let me rope for the first time on horseback! It was so fun! I caught 6 - I think - and I definitely want to do it again!

After they are roped, you drag them to the muggers - the boys on the ground wrestling them and then you brand, give shots and band them (if they are a boy!)

After a few tries, I finally got one just right... you are supposed to catch both back feet and this time I did! I was very proud of myself!

The week before that we went to the Masco's branding, where Jeremy once again got to brand and I got to watch kids and take lots of pictures! I am ok with that too!

Three handsome boys waitin to get to work!

Ty muggin a calf and not really caring too much about it!

Haydn and Emma comin' out to see what is going on...
Maybe next year Haydn will be big enough to do some muggin of her own!

1 comment:

TheTamFam said...

Sounds like you'd be ready to dominate at this year's Steele Family Rodeo. Are you going to make it, by any chance? Would love to see you!

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany