About Me

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Thursday, November 3, 2011

It's beginning to feel a lot like winter!

As it begins to get colder, we begin to work faster to get our wood stove in. So here she is... isn't she beautiful! We really owe a big thanks to the local guy who sold it to us for a fraction of it's value. It is going to be toasty warm in our house this winter!



And now for the next project on my to-do-list.
Jeremy's to-do-list consists of finishing the chimney pipe up and out the roof,
I'm not doing that one.

We need a coat closet, so this one will have to do. Don't worry - it will look much better soon!

2 comments:

awhammari said...

Nice work Mandi and Jeremy!
Wood heat is much better than a furnace, and heat rises so your bedrooms upstairs will be snuggy warm at bedtime.
Love, Carmen

chimney pipe said...

Wood heat is much better than a furnace? I don't think so.

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany