About Me

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Kindergarten and Fair!

For the first time since moving to Nebraska, we were in town for the Holt County Fair! I have never been able to display anything at a fair before, so I decided now was as good a time as any! When the girls get old enough, they will be involved with 4H... but that is a few years down the road still. So I put 4 pictures in the fair. A church, a skunk, a cowboy and a "blushing bride"! They all won ribbons! The skunk won a blue ribbon and the rest won a purple. Purple, I think, meant just like an honorable mention. But I did get a prize for my blue ribbon skunk! Fun!

Haydn officially started her Kindergarten year on the 16th! She gets to ride the bus to school and back. She was so excited and still is! She is growing up so fast! Weldon started on the 20th and was very happy to get back to his friends and favorite teachers!

4 comments:

awhammari said...

Wow Mandi, nice pictures. I especially like the little church. It is hard to believe that Haydn is already going to school! Wyatt started Kindergarten this week too.
I love the excitement around a new school year.
Thanks for sharing,
Love,
Carmen

sharmysteele said...

Great pictures! Hadyn is so grown up! Can't wait to see you soon!

J and A said...

So fun to see your Nebraska goings'-on! The pictures are great--I always used to say I knew I'd done something well when I just couldn't stop looking at it. Your pictures are like that--I just want to keep looking!

I can't believe it's kindergarten time for Haydn already--so fun! I was smiling to see how long her hair is . . . guess she hasn't cut it lately, eh? :)

Here's to a fabulous start of a new school year for your family!
Love, Anna

M&EMS said...

Beautiful pictures!

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany